Volunteering is an exciting way to get involved! The FIRST Annual NYSBF is looking for volunteers who are outgoing, flexible, go-getters, and team players with a genuine love for salsa-dancing and event planning. You will work closely with our team, make new friends and make a genuine contribution to this fun and dynamic community.
Some volunteer responsibilities during the event and leading up to the event include: assisting with vendors, information desk/concierge, registering attendees, workshop monitors and being of service to all attendees.
Sign Up Now! If you find this to be an exhilarating volunteer opportunity, please e-mail Elizabeth Perez at liz@IslandTouchDance.com
What are the requirements of becoming a volunteer?
We ask that our volunteers come with plenty of energy, willingness to work and smile. In addition, we require:
Time commitment: We ask our volunteers to commit to signing up for a minimum of 12-18 hours to qualify
Transportation/Lodging/Meals: Must arrive/leave the venue each day with your own transport. Meals on own
Knowledge of NYC: For certain tasks, New York City knowledge is preferred for any concierge-type question related to NYC
Availability: Must be available from Thur, May 24 – Sun, May 29, 2017
Computer literacy: For certain tasks, comfortable with computers
Communication: Must have good English language proficiency
Attend Meetings: Attend one group meeting at the Sheraton Times Square prior to the event. Date and time will be provided.
• Volunteers will have access to all events over the weekend when not working. You will get a full pass ticket ($200+).
• Plenty of time to enjoy the event with your free pass – workshops, performances, live bands, social dancing.
• Volunteers can also attend the kick-off welcome party.
• Volunteering looks great on your resume to potential employers
• Party with your friends and make new ones!
• Complimentary Event T-shirt (to be worn during volunteer times)